Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas in Europe...

I miss Europe. I miss my country.
I am an European girl, and to me, like every other European, Christmas is not a Christmas without snow, without good red wine and good homemade cookies. Streets are beautifully decorated, lights everywhere, Christmas -marts are along the downtown's, and people are happy...smiling... On every corner of the street you can see someone is selling some good, homemade, boiled red wine. Most of you might be saying 'Why boiled?'... There is nothing better in my Country than good homemade, hot and boiled red wine selling around Christmas. It keeps you warm, and makes you experience the beauty of Holidays in a special way.

The tradition in our house/family has never been change, now for generations.

I remember when I was about 6 years old, it was summer, my grandma told me, after we had breakfast and I enjoyed my tea while she enjoyed her coffee, that I am ready to start learning Family traditions. She thought me how to bake cakes, cookies and cook the best traditional foods. I've learned all of these, thanks to her.

Every year, in October I start thinking about Holidays and what kind of cakes, cookies and food am I going to prepare. Christmas tree, some good food, wine, and great cake, and cookies, on the table with coffee, while it's snowing outside, cannot be replaced and cannot be more enjoyable than anything.

This year I will be having a nice Christmas tree, Great cake, good foods, and wonderful cookies ...Coffee cannot be forgotten, I'm an European woman :) We love coffee and a day cannot start without one! :)

I will be posting soon pictures of cakes and cookies I am planning to bake! And make couple of pictures of our traditional Holiday Foods! :)

How's Holiday in your house/ family?
What do you do? What do you enjoy most?


I miss a glass of hot, boiled red wine that's been selling in my hometown for years now, and brings such a joy to our hearts!

1 comment:

asgreen said...

It is so nice to have traditions and it is great you are holding on to them!